Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I am an Air Force Wife.

I am an Air Force Wife. My husband grew up in a military family. He has now served over 18 years in the US Air Force. When I was younger I never dreamed in a million years that I would marry someone in the military. It was way to regimented a lifestyle for me to even consider getting involved with! Don't you know that I went and married one anyway! But, it was the best move I ever made. 

Though, the military does put a different kind of stress on our lives that other marriages can't comprehend. In the end, I think that also makes ours stronger, on a different level. The hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life was to watch my husband walk away to get on a plane for his first deployment in our marriage. I had a hard time handling that. However, like so many other trials in my life, with the help of my family and friends, i was able to deal. My husband came home safe. Thankfully, so far he has been home since then!

I am so proud to be an Air Force Wife. In a couple of years I will be the wife of an Air Force retiree. I can't help but wonder what new things we will encounter once we are back in the civilian world!

No comments: