Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Arrange and Rearrange-

I have decided that my little studio needs a serious overhaul. Unfortunately, in about 7 months, we plan to put our house on the market. So, obviously, it is not worth the money to actually do that.

Like a lot of artists, I have a lot of stuff, and very little space for it. I am going to have to start the 27 Fling Boogie again. I imagine that like every time in the past, if I do actually start on it, I will probably end up spending days trying to get it arranged to my liking.

Thinking about this has lead me to think about my dream studio. If money were no object, I would love to have a gigantic room- maybe 60 x 60- or even bigger! I would have no carpet anywhere in it. I would have one entire wall of windows (and someone to clean those windows!) I will have one entire wall of peg board and shelving. I want big work surfaces... at least 5x5 foot tables probably more like 5 x 10. I want to have work zones for my different major media. I want tons of light, bright cheery colors on the wall, and an awesome cooling system to keep all of that light from making the studio so hot! I am not yet sure what the answer is, but I would have some super fantastic way to keep all of my stock well displayed, easily accessible, but simple to pack up for a show!

I could go on dreaming about this all day. But that is really not a productive use of my time!

I keep a dream house book. It is where I write down, sketch, or tape a picture of anything I see that I like, imagine, or just really want. Once upon a time, I had a 4 inch binder full of these ideas, but that book was "lost" in our move to Charleston. I have started a new one. I think I am going to have to give my dream studio it's own chapter in the book!

What are your dream spaces like?

Don't forget to go check out Jubillie.


1 comment:

Yvette Kelly said...

Like Oprah says you have to know what you want before you can get it and it looks like you know exactly what you want.You are one step closer to realising your dream.Good luck!